View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
Nemesis47
AF Newbie

Project Vehicle Build

Greetings,

I am new to Af and was hoping I could get help regarding my build.
I researched a bit and found the data on the net quite overwhelming and it needs to narrow down,and as this vehicle is going to be custom scratch built, I am not getting many straightforward guides to building one.

As I live in India, there are going to be a lot of limitations. People here don't really do anything out of the box. So most of the services and products available "down the lane" or "in the local hardware store" in the US simply don't exist here.

So the First thing being the budget, is limited to 10000 USD.
The chassis would be a space frame one and the curb weight is to be under 1300 pounds.
The minimum rwhp required would be 300. 500 rwhp being desired.

The first problem that arises is that there aren't a lot of naturally aspirated engines available that would meet the requirements.
Available to me are engines that make 100 to 150 bhp or some of the audi group and bmw engines which make 250 hp but cost a little bit more. An obvious answer to these problems would turbocharging them. And changing internals would be a tough job.

So what motors with stock internals could hold around boosts of 14 psi with an initial horsepower of 200 or more hp.

Or if I have no options but changing internals, what motors are best for what amounts of boost after changing what internals?

The second and the most difficult problem is the transmission. It happens so that I want to build a Mid engine rear wheel drive Drive train and in order to do that you need to have a transaxle. And the transaxle needs to be able to withstand the power too. I don't know where to find one or how that fits into the vehicle.

The third problem being the suspension- finding the right suspension for this type of vehicle.(Will solve this after the first two problems).

And there is lot to learn and a long way to go.
Hoping to get some advises and tips.

Cheers
Muneeb
Nemesis47 is offline   Reply With Quote