View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Corky Scott
AF Newbie

Re: Clear coating question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonson View Post
I'm having a problem with water in my air line. It's causing drops of water to get sprayed on the object I'm painting, which then get covered with paint. So I get bubbles of water encased in paint. I have to sand them off and down through the base coat to eliminate them, and then repaint. I've done this three times, and have to do it again now.
Thanks,

Corky back again with an update. It now appears that the bubbles I was experiencing were not water in the air line. They were surface contamination which reacted to the paint (primer or base coat), and which I missinterpreted as water. After installing a water vapor seperator and a dessicant filter to my air compressor, and still seeing the bubbles, I realised that I must be seeing something other than water.

I resolved to buff down the surface with clean rags and this made all the difference.

I am satisfied with the results, which have some specs of dust and the occasional bug imbedded in the final coat, but it's all I could ask for given the lack of a "white room".

Thanks to all who responded.

Corky Scott
Corky Scott is offline   Reply With Quote