View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 06:31 PM   #44
RandyO
AF Newbie

1999 Trooper Problems

My 1999 Trooper engined seized up while on vacation last Thanksgiving. After having the car towed to two different dealerships and paying to have the engine broken down (at Isuzu of America's direction), I find I need a new engine. Like many others, I regularly serviced this car and, except for this huge problem, love the car. I can no longer get Isuzu of America speak with me and, in fact, the Supervisor at Owner Relations hung up on me. This engine obviously had design fault and, it seems, that most problems occur after 60k miles and, hence, after warrantly. I want to know if anyone has successfully sued or gotten any satisfaction from Isuzu. There are many of us who have gotten "taken" on these vehicles. I've purchased three Rodeos (2-2001s; 1-2002) and am (was)a good Isuzu customer.

Replacement engines are either expensive, unavailable, or suspect (I've heard that they are not a good engine to rebuild). Any suggestions? Other then the engine, I have a great car (leather,sunroof, cd changer, etc.) in MI and I live in KS. Any one interested in buying the car?
RandyO is offline   Reply With Quote