View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
caffeineaholic
AF Regular

Re: Will not start (sort-of randomly)

Thanks guys. I do try putting the pedal all the way down to clear possible flooding (after trying to start normally with a half-pump of the pedal, then a full pump or so). But that doesn't make a difference unfortunately... Perhaps it could be a choke problem; I'm not sure. Could it be getting too much air? The choke actually opens on its own a bit because it gets so extremely hot here that the ambient heat starts to make the choke start opening...

I will try replacing the ignition module. The alternator can be replaced in the future when I have $$ but I always disconnect the battery so there is no drain on it overnight.

Do I need a new cap and rotor? I still don't understand why it works and doesn't work in the way I described...

Last edited by caffeineaholic; 07-28-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Added info
caffeineaholic is offline   Reply With Quote