View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 10:00 PM   #2
jjluke65
AF Newbie

Smile Let it go...

Wow. My first car was an '88 Festiva. I got made fun of SO much, but it was new and it was my first, and they looked kinda cool and unusual for the first few years.

But...the trouble started quickly. In 1991, the oil leak that I could never seem to fix permanently, then I went through many timing belts, and more leaks, and by 1994 I had it junked and moved on. They're basically toys and the fact that you have put any money in it is really upsetting, I'm sorry to say. Stop wasting your time, worry, and money and let it go. There are PLENTY of really good used cars out there that are MUCH newer and of great quality that will last you a long time and require very little in terms of repair money. Not to insult mechanics (they're just doing their jobs), but if someone brought me an '88 Festiva with all those problems, it wouldn't be ethical for me to tell them to have it repaired, no matter what the cost (cheap or expensive).

Stop saving money for a car and just get a low rate used car loan. Go to a credit union. Wouldn't you rather make low monthly payments, rather than part with a wad of cash? And if you pay more than the minimum payment each month, you'll save yourself a lot of money. You can also make weekly payments and save even more money. Don't be afraid to borrow. It actually helps your credit rating if you borrow for something with value (like a car or a home) and make your payments on time.

Let go of the Festiva and the headaches and buy yourself something new. Good luck.
jjluke65 is offline   Reply With Quote