View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
2early
AF Newbie

67 pontiac bonneville-Need help confirming if electrical/wiring harness!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have a 67 Pontiac Bonneville that just, what I think, electrically died on me. It's not doing anything. NO lights or nothing. This is the first time this has happened, not to mention, I've been the owner since Jan 2007.

I started it up and drove it 2 blocks and it completely shut off. I waited a few secs and turned the key and it started up, but put it in drive and went another block and it died for good.

I applied booster cables to attempt a jump but nothing. Took the battery out and had it checked at AutoZone and the battery is perfect. I started looking at the battery terminals, they were both corroded badly, but the AutoZone Manager stated that it wouldn't be the terminals preventing a complete electrical shut down as such.

I even connected a new battery to the Bonneville but nothing still. I'm thinking wiring harness or something electrical.

Also, what would case battery terminals to corrode so fast? Is there a special heavy duty type that I can use to prevent this or is there a short or open the electrical system of the car?

Can anyone diagnose this issue?

Thanks,
2early
2early is offline   Reply With Quote