View Single Post
Old 04-03-2002, 06:37 PM   #13
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
If any of you guys want to see the ONLY yellow vector ever built (not sure what model) go the the Los Gatos Auto Mall in california.
I have photos of that car being worked on at that shop. I know the owner and that is the only Yellow W8 ever built. That car was sold to a guy in Texas first. He requested the Yellow paint, which was a custom mix, not a standard yellow. If you look inside the car, you will see the only Ostrich skin interior for any Vector ever built. It was a $20,000 option to have Vector do that.

Then a guy in Florida bought the car. The W8 needed some work, so the guy decided to alter the engine and other parts. Rumor is the car had 1000bhp (600bhp was stock rating), but I have never seen proof of that.

The current owner, who lives in Northern California, has taken on challenge of making that car run right with 900 plus horsepower. The Florida guys did some "mickey mouse" things to the car. In a sense, it sad the car is not fully original, but it is going to be a very fast car when it back on the road.

Quote:
There were THREE yellow Vectors.
There is only 1 Yellow W8, chassis #12. There are 2 Yellow M12s. One is a 1999 M12 and the other I think is 1995 or 1996.

One non-production, as if you can call any Vector a real prodcution car, is the SRV8. 17 M12s were built, 1 W2, 2 preporduction W8s, 17 production W8s, 1 WX3 coupe, 1 WXS roadster, and the SRV8. You might count the very weak IMSA Vector race cars.
vectorclub is offline   Reply With Quote