View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
imster
AF Newbie

Re: Honda NSR500 (1984)

Next task I chose to do were the front and rear brake disks, these are part of the Hobby Design detail up set and when you compare them with the plastic kit versions you will understand why its must do thing to use the PE set for these. As mentioned in my previous update there were lots of parts that make up the front disks and I'm very happy with how they came out, I'm especially happy with the colour match I managed for the disk carriers.

First pic is a little comparison between both completed brake disks, the left hand side is before and right hand side after a light wash. I guess this shows the importance of washes and how they can improve and amplify the detail in the work you are doing.

A quick test fit on the rim to see if everything lines up, you can also see the rear brake in the top right of the picture, I scuffed it with 320 grit sanding paper in a circular motion to represent the wear and tear on the disk. I also sanding the front disks a little bit to dull its appearance and to show contrast between the disk and the attachment points.

This final picture shows the layers of PE that were used to build the brakes
imster is offline   Reply With Quote