Thread: Favorite car
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Favorite car

Favorite car... and I'm expected to pick just one? That is a loaded question.
I will say that the Bugatti Veyron is absolutely a work of art and I love it. 16 cylinders, 4 turbochargers, 1000 horsepower (1200 in the SS model) and a top speed of 253 mph (267 in the SS model) in an all wheel drive layout that they say is actually pretty easy to drive. A couple of problems I see are the fact that production has stopped and while production was going they only made 500 of them each model year. The other problem is the price; $1.2 million when they were new, now you have to find somebody who has one that they're willing to sell... unlikely. So as much as I love the car, I can't say it's my favorite because it's so unattainable.
I'm also a big fan of Ferarris, some of the modern ones I like are the 458, the 488 gtb, and the 599. There also a couple of older ones I like. The F40 is one, and the 250 gto can not be ignored. But these cars also have a problem; they're impractical. They can only be used on the track, not on the highway and definitely not in the city.
So I would want a car that can be fun on the track, and can be used on regular roads. That said, it would be a tie for me between a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and an Aston Martin DBS.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote