View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 01:05 AM   #134
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanel1
I exagerate when I say 120kmh ! but in the USA, you really can't drive fast because there are cops everywhere and at 160 kmh on an american highway, you can get a big fine. In France or in Italy you can be upset for your wallet from 100 kmh, and no need to specify for Germany
And that's the same on all the American roads which are often much bigger than European ones but where people are far more slower.
... I agree with you ... many patrol cars .. like I said .. u have to be careful ... but in LA highway u better match your speed with all other car surround u .. if all of them do 75 mph than u go with the same speed ... if you go less or faster the police might catch u .. and most of the time americans drive about 75 mph to 80 mph (120 kmh to 128 kmh) .. on some american highway there is a car pool lane .. so the car with more then 1 people inside can use this lane .. less crowded lane means faster ... .. good for about 85 mph .. .. I have information that at night there are some places (highway) you can drive fast with less risk ...