Thread: VTEC vs. SR20DE
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 03:22 PM   #95
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
Quote:
Originally posted by CHRIS200T

You have no idea!!!!!!! My car revs out in 4th and 5th like yours rev's 2nd. Go drive your car rev it out in 2nd gear and wish you where in 4th & 5th gear and that will pritty much disribe how my car drive's. about 415 Crank HP Front Wheel drive aka little drive train loss car waigh's about 2400lbs. I know the guy was in it to win it becouse he was pissed as hell.. All I could do is laugh at him.. and yes by how rapidly his car disapeared in my rear view from 70+ MPH it looked like I took off on him as if he was siting still..

My race video to give you an idea. ME vs SS Impalia 5.7L V8 on NOS (so he was claiming)
This run was almost a year ago running on 92 oct pump gas at 15 PSI of boost. making somewhere around 350-360 WHP

Your claim about expencive Roller Rockers for DE motor's Thay come stock on allot of SR20DE and stock on all VE motor's so no its not expencive. I picked up a entire motor from a local yard here and droped it in my friends older 91 sentra for 250 bucks. If thats expencive to you sorry to hear that.

Take a look
SR20DE 97up all had roller rocker's and the motors are easy to find here in the state's

You also where talking about the power band of VE motor vs B16 motor. Well SR20VE has way more usable power. 125 lb/ft of torque at 2000 rpm and goes up from there. a B16 will never make that anywhere in its powerband.

PS: I just raced one of my friend's who has a B18C1 Integra 170HP motor in his 92 CX Civic Hatchback witch is all of 2100 lbs and our NX2k at 2450 lbs . Out of the hole even. 2nd gear shift to top of 2nd gear 3/4 of a car lenth shift to 3rd another 1/4 car lenth GS-R's seem to have a good 3rd gear. Could not get any further then a car ahead but he was never able to gain any ground back. race was tell about 105-110 mph

So I sugest you try one of this car's befor you claim it has no power band or any pool. I have driven both . Meny different honda's from stock to moded to swap's.
Are you not from an English speaking country or do you just spell stuff that way on purpose? Not saying you are an idiot or anything, cause it is plain to see that you display some brilliance; just wondering...

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21