View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
Huney1
AF Enthusiast

Re: $2000 "Market Adjustment" for a Suzuki??

I recently went back to where I bought mine and saw a bump-up sticker on a station wagon, $999.00 for bull skate items like, pin striping, scotch guard, etc. My SX4 now has 4500 miles and running like a champ. I get a lot of positive comments, "What kind of car is that? It sure is "cute". It is holding steady at 25 to 27 MPG depending ho how hard I drive it. On the road cruise set at 55 mph it gets 30 average. Gas now $3.80 here and I economize best I can. Be glad you have a vehicle that gets 25 to 30 because if you try to buy a gas sipper now you will pay through the nose. I saw on TV where a lot of dealerships refuse to trade in a big SUV because they can't get rid of them for a profit.

This is interesting. I computed fuel cost at $4.00 a gal for 8000 miles at 25 and 40 MPG and 40 mpg will save a mere $1650. a year in gas. I say mere because in comparison to what it would cost to trade and the time to recoup investment would be 8 to 15 years depending on what price gas sipper you buy. AND, how about finance charges on the trade difference? If you get zero apr, great. But if not, then what you pay in finance charges may very well negate what you save in gas. Believe you me, a lot of people see 40 mpg and lose it and run out and buy one without first taking time to compute what the ACTUAL savings would be. The old adage applies: LET THE BUYER BEWARE!
Huney1 is offline   Reply With Quote