View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 07:30 PM   #2
Novaply
AF Newbie

Re: Front end clunking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeman502
I have a 1996 Windstar that has a clunking noise in the front end. It is a dull noise that sounds like something hittin the bottom of the van. I crawled under and looked for anything loose, but didn't find a thing. It make the noise everytime you hit a bump. It can be a very small bump or a large one. It still make the same noise and it sounds the same. Can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance.

Shoe
I have a 1998 Windstar 3.8 liter engine which also has a klunking sound in the front right end every time I hit a speed bump or a dip in the road. The problem occurred last year in June. It is more frequent with more passengers in the vehicle and epecially on the interstate highway. I first noticed loose fender well speed bolts. I secured them and also drilled more holes on both left and right front fender wells. Last year I changed the left strut. Recently I changed both left and right outer tie rod ends. I still have the same problem. In my search on the internet I found one person had a cracked strut mount after going to the garage three times and did not have the strut replaced. I hope this helps out. Please let me know if you solve the problem. I am curious to know and get the vehicle repaired.
Novaply is offline   Reply With Quote