View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #33
mckinnsc
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 Isuzu Trooper Transmission NIGHTMARE "Thread 2"

I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper (3.5L) 4x4 with ~120k miles on it. I really love it. Several months ago i started experiencing a shuttering while accelerating at around 35-40 mph which I thought might be related to an intake manifold issue. About a month ago i was driving and stopped at a red light-when I tried to accelerate the transmission in "D" it took a while for the tranny to engage. It will accelerate fine in "L". I am going to change out the fluid following a link I found on "planet isuzu" today to see if this helps the problem.

I did check the alternator and was seeing around 14v-thought that was good. I havent driven it in about a month and noticed that the battery was dead today-kinda strange, but I think it's unrealted since the tranny gets power from the alternator.

I also checked the shift indications with the dash readouts and they match up.

I noticed a post about solenoid issues-this will probably be my next step-can I change these myself and where can I purchase them?

As you can see I am trying to avoid taking it to the shop-with all of the horror stories I have heard.

Any help would be appreciated.

SteveO
mckinnsc is offline   Reply With Quote