View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
tiger0018
AF Newbie

Angry 93 Eagle Vision w/SERIOUS problems...

This car has been a sore in my side since I bought it used 4 years ago. I had the tranny rebuilt when it kicked the bucket over 100 miles from home (grrrr)... Everything seems to be electronics/computer related. The first sign something wasn't right was shortly after buying the car: the trunk kept opening by itself. I bought as-is, and the seller wouldn't hear me, so I opted to pull the fuse that controls the trunk. One problem solved. Then, the horn would go off AT 4 IN THE MORNING, whenever it felt like it. Solution? Pull ANOTHER fuse....
The locks engage themselves. No, I have not locked myself out yet...
But this is small stuff. My main headache now is the tranny (which cost me enought to replace) and the idle. After the car's been on the road and warmed up, the idle will suddenly increase from 700 to around 1500! As a result, the tranny has to slam down out of gears every time I came to a stop, and first gear was hard to engage with an engine idling that high.
Took it in for a look-see, and the mechanics found nothing amiss... Not even a computer history report revealed anything wrong!!!
The other day, the car decided it wasn't gonna get out of first gear. I took it in to the mech, they started it up the next day... ran perfect.
AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!
Short of a bullet through the engine, anyone have any suggestions?
PS: The injection system has been recently cleaned, fluids changed, etc...
tiger0018 is offline   Reply With Quote