View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 12:51 AM   #53
ef_b16_p72
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ef_b16_p72
Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

man, im aware of what sponsors looking for people that already have a name are like. but these people will pretty much "sponsor" anyone. i dont consider it a sponsorship because youre basically getting a discount on some parts here and there but not payed just to wear their name...like i said, if you get up to $80 discount total..then what do you have to complain about. i was asking if they hold up to their end of the deal, which is to hook you up with shit for cheaper than you can get it most other places. granted, you have to go through them unless they cant find a part for your car by a company they are supposedly affiliated with, you can find your own price and get a discount or some shit..i dunno all the details. all i want out of this "sponsorship" is parts to build a motor up and rims, other than that, i can finish the rest of the car on my own. i think the really big sponsors are fucking bullshit, they look for the elitest "tuners" or w/e who have already hooked their car up all the way. in all honesty, if i were to finish my car, and some company like skunk2 or someone came to me and offered me a sponsorship, besides saying "youre a little late", id tell them to lick my ass. im looking for someone to sponsor my ideas that will garuntee me best of show and with the motor im trying to build, ill have the best of both worlds. sponsors should stop looking for people who already have a name, and pay attention to ANYONE with original ideas who doesnt have a criminal record for imbezling or some shit. the ideas i have to "finish" my car are very unique, as in, never seen it done before ever, but i know its possible. i want to keep my shit clean, but blow people away at the same time. i dont care too much for outrageous conversions that take it too far, but simple conversions that make a positive impact on the way your car is viewed. i know its almost impossible to get someone serious to sponsor someones idea...but dont bash me..spread the word. none of my ideas start out with, i wish i could do....they all start out with, im going to do..

what my real question is i guess, does ANYONE know ANYONE that will listen to someone's ideas (like myself or anyone that feels they have original ideas) and consider sponsoring them so they can turn their ideas into a reality. i dont mean ideas like a lambo door kit or something, im talking about ideas that WILL win best of show. ideas that will make pioneers of the industry back you up. in order to build a show/race car you have to pay attention to what gets the most recognition..which i have done, but added my own twist to. im very active in the lifestyle/scene whatever you wanna call it. im about to go to nopi this coming up weekend which is about 7-8 hours away from where i live. i attend every show that i hear abou that is no more than 4 hours away with the exception of nopi (because its nopi..come on). im done, i may be no one right now..but that could all change, just need to talk to someone who is as enthusiastic about all this as i am. later
ef_b16_p72 is offline   Reply With Quote