View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #71
Jerry80871852
AF Regular

Re: Airtex Fuel Pumps - Buyer Beware

OldMaster is correct, but few their be that like to do things the correct way. Many times they will get by with it, & that is OK, that is if they’re doing it on their own cars, & not being paid to fix a customers car. Customers cars should always be done the right way, & if you can't or refuse to do it the right way you should not take the job.

I recall several incident much like this in my truck driving days. One of them I was headed to the West Coast. Before pulling out of the year my alternator went out. I pulled into the shop & they replaced it. I pulled out that morning & all was well, that is till early the next morning, my lights started to go dim & the alternator was not putting out. I stopped in a shop out west of Tucson. The mechanic quickly found the problem. One of the ends had broken off while our mechanic changed the alternator out, he quickly crimped on a new connection, yet he did not do it properly, & this connection had burned out the new alternator. It worked for a while.

It would not have taken him over 5 minutes longer to do it the right way & we would not have burned out a new alternator & had a big shop bill in Arizona.

It always pays to do the job properly. Sometimes when the job is done sloppy, unlike me that early morning, you may not make it to a shop, but your left broken down in the middle of no where. And I know of several people that have been there, with them saying, “If I had only took a few more minutes doing the job properly.”

Some never learn.

1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer
4 X 4, 4.3 W engine 3.42 gears
172,000 & still going

Sold
2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 V6
4.0 V6 DOHC 24V VVT-i 236HP Engine
12,000 plus miles

Bought 10-22-11-2001 Toyota Camry LE SuperWhite 4 Door sedan I-4 89,680 miles
Jerry80871852 is offline   Reply With Quote