View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 11:57 PM   #7
crosscypher
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to crosscypher
Re: Re: No Spark at the Coil Pack/no spark to the plug wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 GSXracer
The fuel pump will not "prime" until you are cranking the motor. Thats why you cant hear it. You can hotwire the pump (or force it on with a scan tool, on 2g at least) to make sure its there. If you are sure its not getting spark I would be looking at CAS number one, and ECU number 2.

Remove the cas from the valvecover/head. With the key in the on position rotate it and see if you hear the injectors firing and see a spark plug sparking. If nothing is happening there is something wrong with the CAS, connector, etc. If you are getting the injectors but not the plugs, the CAS is fine. I would suspect the coil pack, ignitor, or ECU, in that order. The ignitor has the long connector on it, bolted to the manifold on the turbo cars at least.

I hooked up a voltage meter to the plug wire (seemed like a good idea) and had a helper turn the key in the ignition to see if any voltage was going to the spark plugs, none... tried hooking the same meter up to the connector that feeds the coilpack, and tried the same, and still nothing. Haven't tried the CAS, really worried about tring that sensor, because i have heard that you have reset your timing once you remove and reinstall that sensor (even if it is not the problem). Would the relays, on the driver's side under the windshield cowl, pertain to this problem? Wouldn't the park plugs get a little wet with fuel if you kept turning they key over? Just a thought, because they were as dry as a bone. Also, the CAS on this engine looks quite new for being an engine w/134,000 miles on it. Just a though, because when I look at the wires leading to the CAS, I see a specific section that looks like it was spliced and then costed with a liquid plastuc and then coated again with a rubber sleeve. So I was questioning that too. Does anyone have a wring diagram of the ignition system of this gen 2 eclipse? Not sure how helpful it would be, but maybe I could trace the wires and try and find a short.

Another thing I thought I would mention, The check engine light that usually always comes on when they key is turned(along with the others, i.e battery, seatbelt, SRS, and oil light) does not come on at all now. I have heard of doing the keydance, but when I made several attempts at it, I had no success.

Any ideas? Besides getting a Haynes or Chiltons of course.
crosscypher is offline   Reply With Quote