View Single Post
Old 05-19-2001, 02:21 PM   #1
nsx2000
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to nsx2000
I just bought a '95 Mustang GT 5.0 with 44,000 miles and has a Paxton supercharger on it. Along an MSD ignition box and Blaster 2 coil, Paxton Fuel regulator, and K&N filter. Now I have never driven a mustang GT before and I don't know how fast a stock GT feels. But I don't know if the car is running right. I raced a stock '90 Mustang GT the other night and we were neck and neck. Now the next day I did find out the K&N filter was badly dirty, so I recleaned it. But that shouldn't have made that big of a difference, should it? I also have a stock exhaust system. I was think of putting a off road x-pipe from Flowmaster and an aftercat DynoMax muffler system in. Will this help since the blower is pushing more air into the engine. And also I was thinking of leaving the stock headers on. How good or bad of an idea is that. I don't understand how a stock '90 GT could keep up with me. So I don't know what else to look at right now before changing the exhaust. Please help me.
Now for the gears. I do some interstate driving a couple times a month so I was thinking of putting 3.55 gears in. Is that a good all around gear? And could someone please tell me what the stock gears are in my car. I can't find an answer anywhere.
Any help telling me why my car doesn't seam to run like a supercharger car and any of the above questions will be very much appreciated. Thanks
nsx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote