View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #40
dylanborns
AF Regular

Re: Oil pressure light was blinking at idle; now constant

I drove it home today and the light just flickered once at a stoplight but didn't come on constant. I picked up a mechanical gauge, but ran into another problem. The brass connection that came with it is to small for the adapter I have for the block. I tried to explain what I needed to the counter guy, but he didn't understand or they don't have what I need. I'm not even certain of what I need, so maybe I can get some help here.
The adapter I have has a 3/8" female connection. The adapter with the gauge has smaller threads, but I'm not sure exactly what the size of the threads are. The bigger nut on it takes a 9/16" wrench. The smaller one takes a 7/16" wrench.

I'd rather use the smaller adapter, (7/16"), because I'm starting to get so many adapters on this thing that I'm afraid I'm going to start having leaks. I know if I go online and order an adapter that is a 7/16" female to 3/8" male, it'll be the wrong size. The 3/8" male would be correct, but would the 7/16" female be the wrong size?
I've confused myself....
dylanborns is offline   Reply With Quote