View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
lightspeed1
AF Newbie

92 areostar van shudders when turning wheel at slow speed and mositure in distributor

i have a 92 aerostar van , 3.o engine , the problem i am having is when turning slowly to right the van makes a shudder like the brake is pulsing , even though breaks are not being used .
I checked the disk front brakes and seen that they look good as far as not being thin, , no leaks ,
I made sure that the power steering fluid is full .
i also have another separate problem have trouble with my van starting and "ANYTIME" it rains a lot or even when it is very foggy (with no rain ) the van will just crank (battery is fine ) sometimes depending on how long i let it crank it will finally try to start and keep on until it does start , and sometimes it will just crank and never start , if its dry enough i can plug in a hair dryer and put it aimed toward the bottom of distributor and run it and later the van will start up. i have replaced the distributor cap(new ) and have had new plugs before and wires , still have same problem , this happens even when the van is under a open ended carport, if it rains a lot or is very foggy .

Any help on these two problems would be greatly appreciated as i am on a limited budget .
lightspeed1 is offline   Reply With Quote