View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
chainsawsuspiria
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to chainsawsuspiria
89 Z24 2.8L e-test help...fuel staying rich!

Hello all, new member.

Here's my story(need help):

I took my car to a shop to get a tune up for my E-Test(Ontario, Canada). They did an oil change and said my plugs were fine. So I went to get E-Tested. FAIL.

I took it back and showed them the print out. They then replaced the O2 sensor; PCV valve; cleaned the EGR valve(really plugged); replaced some vacuum lines; the fuel filter; some gaskets; the idle; and the fuel line. Re-Tested. Failed retest.

The thing is, my computer wasn't working(engine light came on while idling, getting the car to a nice warm temperature). So I suggested that they put another in(used). They did and scanned with a Snap-On scanner(the code reader doesn't work, it just says "no data"). It read "Loop - Open", "Rich", and the mixture wasn't switching between from 100 and 900. It was steady at 900/1000.

So the guy was messing around with the O2 wiring and connector. It was switching from not working to working. So he spliced the wire(no connector) and wired the two together directly. He said it was fine(the mixture was bouncing between 100 and 900; and the "Loop" was switching between open and closed) and I left. I changed the spark plugs anyway).

So today I took a spin on the highway came home to get my print out. I left the car running to keep it warm. When I got back into the car, the engine light was on again. So on the way to the E-Test facility I stopped by the shop and asked them to scan with the scanner again. The scanner said the same things that I mentioned earlier. "Loop Open", "Rich", and 900/1000 steady mixture.

Any thought's? Much appreciated.

Added: simply put, how do I fix the O2 sensor from staying closed and stop it from making my fuel mixture "rich"? Wiring problem?

Last edited by chainsawsuspiria; 10-28-2004 at 04:07 PM.
chainsawsuspiria is offline   Reply With Quote