View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Royalwapiti
AF Newbie

Re: Not Starting, did ignition switch - no help

Thanks for the response

That was the first thing I tried, I've had neutral switches go out on other vehicles.

I did the Park Lock Cable, I wondered what that thing was, and I struggled to get it connected but it finally went in far enough to snap and stay in. I acyually shredded the old ignition to get it all apart. I spent a good 45 minutes getting the passlock connector undone. I finally figured out it was interwoven with the switch and focused on getting the key cylinder core out. It took me about 5 hours to do the ignition. I think I could do it again in about an hour.

But need to check for loose grounds and the voltage at the starter today.

I thought I remembered seeing a post somewhere about a loose ground wire under the dash. They thought it might help their A/C switch problem but it ended up fixing an ignition issue too. In the post they were joking what a lazy worker that guy in the factory was....

Also I wonder if there is any significance to what lights stay on when the key is in ACC positoin. I've heard others say their security light stays on, others say the air bag light is on. Mine is the SVS, Anti lock and low fuel indicator.
Royalwapiti is offline   Reply With Quote