View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #69
RavagePenguin
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to RavagePenguin Send a message via MSN to RavagePenguin Send a message via Yahoo to RavagePenguin
Re: Which Trans Am is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPbody
Savagepenguin...

There are three aftermarket blocks available, that can yield up to a 4.4" bore size. A 4.375" bore, combined with a 4.25" storke, makes the popular "505". One can actually GET up to 619 by using the 4.4" bore and a 5" stroke (considered the largest CID available with bore spacing and stroke available).
We've chosen a 4.350" bore and a 4" stroke for our blown/alcohol Injun. That makes a tidy 475 CID. There's a "1 to 1 Club" on another site (pontiacstreetperformance.com), where any Injun that makes at least 1 HP per cube gets "in". We're after the "5 to 1 Club"... (:-

Allpontiacs.com (Richmond, Virginia) sells both an iron and an aluminum block for this. Kauffman Racing (krepower.com) also has their version of the iron block. Each of the iron blocks have advantages and disadvantages over the other for a given application. They're priced about the same as Merlin or Merlin III.

Bandit,

No sweat, dude. Hate to see another perfectly good Pontiac fall victim to myth and superstition!

Jim
Makes me want to rob a bank to get enough money to for a 619. Boy would that be fun to have in my Trans Am. That would show this I know with his little Cavalier with a fart can at the end of it that his car isn't the fastest in this town.