View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
MarcusP
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 XK8 Roof Latch Oil Hose Leak

Wow. The exact thing just happened to me. Green, corrosive oil was everywhere in the interior. I have a 2002 XK8 with 32,000 miles on it. Pristine and pampered condition...first owner was also the owner of the only Jag dealership in OKC. I also purchased the Chrysler extended warranty, and found out today they've rejected the warranty claim...again. Chrysler says it would only be approved if it had been the convertable top motor that had failed. I was stunned this happened, as this is a failure that just shouldn't be expected until well past 100,000 miles. One note, the tech, who has credibility with me, said if you don't get the oil completely off things around and UNDER the console, the corrosive nature of the oil will continue to ruin other components. He also agreed this is a really big and embarrasing problem for Jaguar. I'm awaiting a phone call on the costs to get everything back to normal; and expect the bill to be high. This may be the straw that broke the camel's back for us. I love the car, but too many things have catastrophically failed on it in the last two years that shouldn't have; and it's amazing how they're never anything covered under an extended warranty that's supposed to be the best around. Of course, then next guy may have a problem-free car...since I feel I've replaced everything. Maintaining a car to a high standard shouldn't bankrupt you.
MarcusP is offline   Reply With Quote