View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
canigetin
AF Newbie

Re: AC blows warm HISSING sound

Update:

After I posted that it hisses in anything but "OFF," I came out this morning to do a reality check on that since I rarely use anything other than AC and Defrost. It turns out that it only hisses in those two modes.

I did try two methods for retrieving codes. "OFF+Panel" then "AUTO" It went through the count then all sections illuminated. "OFF+FLOOR" then "AUTO" or "DEFROST" (can't remember exact sequence but I had my note sheet in front of me when I did it), all sections illuminated. I heard the vents cycling each time I performed either one of these functions. There did seem to be a slight clicking sound at some point doing the cycle, but I don't know if that's normal or not.

BTW, the hissing is fairly slow while idling or waiting at a stop light, and speeds up and gets louder as I accelerate.

The sound is similar to when you first switch to "DEFROST" on the climate controller in any other car. You here a short hiss then it sounds like a "flap" closes and hissing goes away. In my case, the hissing doesn't go away. Are there any vacuum components to go bad on the 02?

Thanks again
canigetin is offline   Reply With Quote