View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #114
hermes_1
AF Newbie

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan

To fanny ‘Skywalker1977’ (the picture above dedicated from me to you, I believe showing
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/industry/japan-on-top-in-consumer-reports%e2%80%99-list-of-best-cars/

See? Japs cars rule. Consumers reports say that. Hyundai is absent. Why? Whoever has sense, can understand…

Mr Bart, Mr Dufus, Mr Yahoo! or whatever your name is. The reference to consumers Report you cite is from 2007 ". . . Influential magazine Consumer Reports has come out with its annual list of the ten best cars of 2007, and once again Japanese automakers have dominated the results. . . "

The current CR ratings: (note top rating for Elantra SE)
They also scrored in Budget cars (Automatic transmission) & Budget cars (Manual transmission)

Small cars (Automatic transmission)
Hyundai Elantra SE $17,980 27 Controls, ride, standard stability control on SE, braking, transmission, emergency handling, reliability.

Honda Civic EX (AT) $19,610
NA
28 Powertrain refinement, fuel economy, crash-test results, cabin storage, reliability. Road noise.

Mazda3 AT $17,940 NA
27 Handling, fuel economy, turning circle, reliability. Road noise, small trunk, IIHS side-crash test w/o side- or curtain air bags.

Honda Civic Hybrid $22,400
NA
37 Fuel economy, low emissions, fit and finish, cabin storage, crash-test results, reliability. Road noise, no fold-down rear seat.

Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 $23,580
NA
24 Interior room, fit and finish, crash-test results, turning circle, ESC standard on most trims. Coarse engine.

I truncated the list because it is too much to paste.

So, Mr Yahoo! you must admit times have changed! However, all of us have empathy for you and your sad experiences with a 1998 Hyundai. :-( BTW, was it assembled in Greece? manufactured in Greece? If so, that explains a lot! Tell me who runs the government in Greece these days? Any political coups lately?