Thread: Gas in Oil
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
CRV Owner
AF Newbie

Re: Gas in Oil

The engine never knocked or has the power changed since then.
The first time it quit, it lost power and the engine turned itself off. I was able to restart and drove for approx. 8miles when it quit again. I was able to restart about 5-6 times before I was able to get to an off ramp. Had it towed to Honda Dealer Where they found the oil was over full by "quarts", which they drained and refilled. Also found plugs were fouled and one plug had no electrode left. Replaced plugs, adjusted valves, replaced oil sensor switch and drained tank, flushed fuel lines and cleaned injectors after finding contaminated fuel.
The "check engine light" keeps coming on and off. Took it to another Honda dealer when I got home and they could not find anything to make it come on, they reset it, but it still keeps coming off and on.
I was never told why my oil was over full, but I decided to check it now (675 miles since first Honda dealer changed it) and found it was significantly over the mark on the dip stick. I removed one and a half quarts with a suction tube down the dip stick hole until the level was at the normal level on the stick and sent a sample to an oil lab to determine what is filling up the oil pan. I also drained and refilled with fresh oil then scratched a line on the dip stick at the filled level. After about 50 miles it has risen about 3/16 of an inch. It is definitely not coolant
CRV Owner is offline   Reply With Quote