View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #94
joegr
AF Regular

Re: Dual climate control blowing heat on AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
So how does the Gen II LS blend the air between the evaporator core and the heater cores? Does it just rely on modulating the DCCV?

-Rod
Yes, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post

Re: Dual climate control blowing heat on AC
I took another look at the pinpoint tests for the 2004 and there is no mention of this being a false code.
-Rod
The 2006 service manual mentions that it is a false code. The 2005 may as well, I don't know.

"B1265 1265 Cold Air Bypass Door Actuator Circuit Failure Invalid code. Vehicle not equipped with cold air bypass door actuator. Ignore this code and continue diagnostics."

Here is a link to the 2006 manual.
http://deneau.info/ls/

I strongly suspect that the gen I LS also didn't have a cold-air bypass door. I don't have a gen I LS to prove this by, but I have remotely assisted with troubleshooting on the gen I, and the failure symptoms for the DCCV just don't point to there being a bypass of the heater core. If there were, then you could still get cold air when the DCCV fails, and that doesn't seem to be the case. I think they planned for one, but couldn't fit it in. Of course, I could be wrong about the gen I, but I am certain about the gen II.
joegr is offline   Reply With Quote