View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #58
Hoody
AF Newbie

Re: Brake and antilock lights come on (92 Caravan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-2500
The Hole ABS system is under a Lifetime Warranty.
Find another good and also a five star cry dealer and see what they have to say about it.

OK here's the final deal on this thing for your information: From DaimlerChryslerCorporate HQ Auburn Hills MI

The 2 items accu/mastcyl and the pump ARE covered under LIFETIME recall status.

The CAB module was ONLY covered up to 100,000 miles............................. PERIOD end of story

This recall only effects the 91/92 years with the Bendix 10 ABS system

This old "used" 92 T&C van has 188K, so its NOT gona get the CAB module replaced at Chryslers expense.

At least DaimlerChrysler was nice enough to reimburse me the 79.95 fee charged by the dealer for "extra" work due to the lines being frozen and hard to get off. Which I kinda bitched about cause it looked petty to me for a recall job.

I don't need anymore "expert" advice when its not been researched. I had enough trouble just getting them to do these repairs on this old used van, which was really a surprise to me anyway that those 2 parts were replaced for a van this old. and bought used too. The guy that sold it tried to hide the fact by covering the ABS light with elec tape, which I found a couple days later, but the joke is on him cause I got it pretty much fixed free anyway.

Right now the ABS light is still on but the breaks are OK now, its pretty much an electrical error due to this CAB thing, but I can deal with that one way or another as long as the breaks are workin. Cause as I said if it runs for at least 3 years as it is I'll have got my 800 bucks out of it.

If I was a better mech I'd just remove the entire damned ABS altogether, its useless to me.

Last edited by Hoody; 09-06-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote