View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
gpatmac
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gpatmac Send a message via Yahoo to gpatmac
Re: Where's my TR4 forum?

Here here!

This is my project:

My intent, though, is to find a straigth 4 that will fit; one that is preferrably ohc and fuel injected. I'm hoping to find something that's something I can add a small turbocharger to. I just don't know if I could find a V engine or a boxer that would fit. I have an EJ205 from a Subaru WRX but I believe it's just too wide.

Further, I figured I'd remove all of the body in order to both gauge the the condition and/or send them off to get dipped. Then I hope that the frame is fine. It's straight but it's been sitting in my dad's garage since 1975, so though it was dry, there wasn't any sort of desiccant. Finally, I want to seam-weld the body back on and weld some rollbars on.

I haven't set upon a color I want, but it will most certainly have rallye stripes and big, old style numbers on the doors. (The whole intent is for a solo I/II platform.)

I haven't given any thought to the trans or rearend. Intent for rims & tires is to be as wide as possible.

Any ideas for what engines to look at? I have the dimensions of the engine bay in my pda, but it's not at hand right now.
gpatmac is offline   Reply With Quote