View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 01:56 PM   #51
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Re: Subaru STI vs. RX7 vs. Lightning

Ok, I did a lot of web searching, it seems I'm not the only one arguing Mach 1 times, a handfull of folks swear low 13's but it seems the majority are running 13.4-13.8 with their MPH consistent with those times so it's not a driver issue.

I don't know if Ford made some ringers or what, but it would seem 85% are runnning 13.4-13.8 and less than 15% claim runs 13.4 and below.

That would require an about an additional 45+ HP and I don't see where that could magically come from.

Either these ringers have mods and drag tires or there's some inconsistency with the cars from the factory which I find VERY hard to believe there can be a 45HP difference from Mach 1 to Mach 1.

Considering the brand loyalty BS that a lot of folks pull my guess is these folks have mods.

3 Questions:
1. How many folks buy a Mach 1? Few.

2. Out of that how many take em to the track? Even less.

3. How many are claiming sub 13's? Even FAR less.

The ones going to the track and claiming "stock" sub 13's are in my guess die hard Ford brand loyalists, they'll do anything to promote their brand.

I've seen 3 Mach 1 's at my local track, none run faster than 13.6 and all the drivers seem to know what they are doing, their MPH are consistent with their time which indicates good launch driving skills.

So there may be some folks claiming sub 13's "pure stock" but after looking at all the facts it would seem those times are inconsistent and in serious question.
10.5sec92AWDTALON is offline   Reply With Quote