View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 01:32 AM   #7
Duatone
AF Enthusiast

ok, here are some points to ponder...

Quote:
Yes it will keep you up on the tach but so will double clutching and I suggest neither for the simple fact that tranny's are a wee bit pricey. I'm not a drag strip kind of guy but when I shift at redline I end up right at the crossover untill it's time for 5th gear but by then you should be at the end of the 1/4 anyway.
do you know what double clutching is or do you just use that phrase cause it was in the fast and the furious?? double clutching does nothing but slow you down. double clutching is something that had to be done in older manual cars, dont remember the name, but that doesnt matter, you had to push the clutch once to get from one gear to neutral, and then push the clutch again to get it into gear, so do you really think that you can do that faster than one push of the clutch and a short shifter? doubtful....

also...
Quote:
the only gear i would power shift is 1st to second, or if ur comming to a light and slowing down and it turns green DOWN TO 1st. you will get an extreme boost, in my car its enough to throw u back into the seat.
pay no attention to what was just said in this quote. that is THE WORST thing that you could do to your tranny. downshifting puts the most strain on your transmission. so forget about throwing your car into 2nd gear at 60mph just because it sounds badass and makes you think your all of a sudden doing mach 3. it is also true that you dont have to take your motor to redline and you dont have to mash your gas pedal flat to the floor. all your doing is using unnecesary rpm's and sucking up a little mor fuel than you need. just learn how to properly shift well. I dont speed shift and i can go right through the gears and not lost much momentum or rpm's.
Duatone is offline   Reply With Quote