Thread: Car of Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #9
EnduroDriver01
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EnduroDriver01
Re: Car of Tomorrow

If they can get the front splitter working the way they planned for it to work I think that the CoT will be a good thing. With that extra downforce in the front, the dreaded aero push that the drivers get when they come up behind someone should go away. Also, with the bigger hole that the cars punch in the air, I'd expect them to be alot like the trucks, which should make the racing at Daytona and Talladega more exciting (possibly similar to the aero package of 2000-2001?). They're already talking about opening the plates up or possibly elminating them entirely with the introduction of a new gear rule (it'll still limit the top speed, but at least the drivers will get that throttle response they want). As far as the looks, who cares? If they can get the thing to run the way they planned, its gonna improve racing and will definitely improve safety, and isnt that whats most important? I hope this works for NASCAR, I've been excited by the prospect of more side by side racing, and I dont want to be let down.
EnduroDriver01 is offline   Reply With Quote