View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
AF Newbie

Interesting. I always assumed the enzo would be faster since the porsche was a convertable, but I read in the porsche forums that the carrera gt was faster. That is why I asked here.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...6&page=2&pp=15

"Who ever said the Carrera GT wont be able to beat the Enzo is sadly mistaken. The Carrera GT posted quicker times than the Enzo at Nurburging. The Enzo doesn't create as much downforce as the Carrera GT, which allows it to be superior on the racetrack.

Plus the Carrera GT is an engineering power house. When the production car made its appearence, Porsche accounced that there are more than 50 technological pending patents. Every publication that has driven the Carrera GT mentions how the engine noise is like that of an F1 car. Also Porsche is proud that with the roof off, the Carrera GT is still stiffer than a 2004 GT3RSR racecar with full FIA rollcage."

"I've also read that the Carrera GT is quicker... where did you get your info from?"

"The information provided have been supplied primarily from two of my favorite publications, EVO and CAR. Plus I have several sources that give good information about Porsche activities"

"I don't know why people think the Enzo is faster."

"The reason why the c-gt is faster is because simply, it goes around the track faster. From what I've heard from several people though i haven't been able to confirm it myself (I hope the people on this forum were sincere) the c-gt lapped Nordscheilf (Nurburgring) faster than the enzo. In the end, that's all that matters."
51004 is offline   Reply With Quote