View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 02:25 PM   #19
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: Re: Re: aftermarket bulbs:color temperature and usable light output

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoman_pdx
I got those numbers (wattage) for the silverstars directly off their website. They listed the max wattage of each appication, for both low and high beams. That was the max wattage of the high beam they listed for your lights. It's not like it's a big deal, like it is with cheap bulbs. I wouldn't trip pver that with them, or PIAA. Both they and PIAA know what they are doing. Yea, I like the Super Plasmas a lot too. I am very pleased with them. I've had them for awhile now, and I love them.
I just noticed that on Sylvania's website after I read you mentioning about it. They must have just changed them and I have the crappier versions, because mine are 60/55w rating and that's how they used to be advertised as. Waiting till things are refined is always better I guess, lol! Anywho I'm going to be replacing my POS foglights with some Sylvania Xenarc X1010 HID fog lights that have a color temp rating of 5400K! That's pretty darn nice for a true HID lamp, not to mention they retail from Sylvania direct for $300! I think they should complement my PIAAs quite nicely, plus i can tend to do a bit of remote road driving where having as much light as you can is very essential. Also they consume less power which is good if like me you run a couple of audio amps. Just of note, with my PIAA GT-X bulbs and my 55w generic fogs, one of my friend's I was out cruising with last night mentioned to me that with my highbeams on, I was lighting up practically the whole canyon. Not really, but it just shows how much noticeably brighter these lights are in comparison to others. Sure PIAA is expensive, but in the end I think it was a very wise and worth while decision to buy and install them.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote