View Single Post
Old 03-24-2001, 05:04 PM   #6
Ron Ketcham
AF Newbie

Not that many for the real stuff, the main private label is Excelda, a little bit by Mequiar's, but they are slowly losing most due to the reluctance of Barry to change the products with the times. Some 3M, but they are mainly in plant products. There are a couple that have said they are OEM approved , but in reality they are not, AutoMagic comes to mind, Ford has told them to stop it.
The funny thing is that a lot of the boutique products as I call them, even some of the infromercial crap, we make for them in our plant. These Sizzle Marketers as I like to call them, dont care about quality, product performance, damage to the paint etc, just want the cheapest thing in the fanciest bottle that they can sell lots of and then fade into the night when the customers or lawsuits catch up with them. As you can understand , I can not name them, but assure you, you have seen them, maybe even bought some of them.
Here is what we consider important, none of what we make and provide under our name contains any toxic or carcenigenic components and all have passed not only engineering testing, but each of the Big 3 have a Toxology department, that checks for workplace and worker safety, freedom of these type of components. Every product we sell them or in our little ValuGard line has passed all 3's tox. No body else can make that statement.