View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
travelc2c
AF Newbie

Customer Care Fail

Just back from a Mitsubishi Dealership service. Car: 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander with 25.4K miles. Problem - rear view display is not working. The service person said the Head Unit (display) was defective. They took the unit out and put it back in (it worked) but said it would probably fail again in the not far future. They said the problem was most likely a computer board problem where a connection wasn't sottered properly. Charge to find problem: $125.00. The service rep said it would cost $925.00 to replace the Head Unit. The failure happened while away on a trip (while in warranty period) but waited until return to go to the dealership where the car was purchased - BIG MISTAKE!!! The service rep said to call Mitsubishi customer relations - that went nowhere. Mitsubishi corporate "Customer Care" said it was just out of warranty so there was no discussion about any coverage/help from Mitsubishi - THERE WOULD BE NOTHING THEY WOULD DO TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. Considering an owner who has maintained loyalty to Mitsubishi since 1996 (first Mitsubishi was a Diamanti) I would think they would step up. I asked the the Mitsubishi corporate rep if I could talk to a supervisor and they simply said no - there would be no one to help resolve this matter. In short: MITSUBISHI DOES NOT REALLY STAND BEHIND ITS PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER CARE IS NON EXISTANT. The company is an amazing disappointment if you plan to own one of their cars for longer than 3 years.
travelc2c is offline   Reply With Quote