View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #61
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: V8 5.7 liter 300ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by probehtr300
i know this isnt the point but jet engines actually take very long to reach the power needed to move its own mass and huge weight, jet engine dagsters still only run in the 5s at high 200 mphs while hemi powerd topfuelers run in the mid 4s, but ayways (sorry to go off on tat being that it had no relevance)
but anyways the only improvements that will be made to the hemi will just be efficency improvements for internal cumbustion motors as a whole, as it stands the hemispherical head is the most efficient design possible and to improve on this designit would have to be a very dramatic redesign of the motor as a whole that would change the whole flat piston attached to a crank design
the existing hemi design could be mated to very small ci motors (small honda 4 cylinders) to make even more efficient motors than the existing B and D series. thats just some info on the hemi i doubt i really fueled the fire or gave any new info to anyone but if i inlightened anyone or helped anyone see its potential sweet
i would never doubt that manufactures cannot create soemthing totally different and better flowing than the Hemi with technology today. someone just has to have the urge to do it...which i doubt anyone does because the Hemi isnt exactly dominating the truck market.

probably the reason why a Jet engined car is slower is because the Jet engine isnt actually spinning the wheels. it is only pushing the car forward by pushing the air behind the car. this is obviously gonna net a slower acceleration time...

the thing about a jet engine is that it could theoretically keep making the car go faster and faster if you had the room and friction was at a controlled standard.
ZedEx Crew Member #4