View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 09:41 PM   #98
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by FYRHWK1

lol you cant? you've never heard of chassis braces, stronger K members and subframe connectors have you? how about rollcages? that will stiffen up ANY car beyond its need. yeah thats not much.
weight is the enemy, it is not the deciding factor. it doesnt mean that if a car weighs alot it cant handle.
Ok the point i was trying to make is that if you stiffen up the car you'll increase its weight quite a bit. In order to compensate for that you'll have to strip almost everything else out of the car or make some serious mods. Well at one point that car will have almost nothing stock therefore being basically a different car. You can make a geo metro into a super car with huge funds.

A car like the lotus elise on the other hand has a very lighweight chassis that is incredebly stiff therefore needinng no mods to make it into an awesome performer.

And vortec before flaming me you should read my some of my other posts and then judge my knowledge.
thanks for telling me about diferentials cuz i have no ideea about them. Oh wait except that i want to install a quaife lsd on my car but what do i know.

Btw if you really want to see a car expert about forced induction try talking to hybridsol i believe he can teach you a thing or two. Or show you his 10 sec dx with a turbo b18c on which he spent only 4k btw. And this comes from a person that does not like hondas the best but because of people like hybridsol i started to get more and more respect for their engines.

Also Kris it might be better to close this thread considering it is extremelly inflamatory starting with its title.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote