View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Maserati MC12 Racing 2005 1:24 by E.JAN -Kit Review-

Hi,

having already 2 MFH kits on my shelf I got today a third one - from E.JAN, the Maserati MC12 Red Bull 2005.

Wow, what an enormous model:

Measuring the body dimensions I think the model is more 1:23 than 1:24 (model is 89 mm wide, too much for 1:24).

Another remarkable thing are the huge front wheel wells. They appear too wide and too high and should be sanded down.

The opening in the rear under the taillights is too small. The sides behind the rear wheels tends to the middle of the car, which makes the rear narrower.

The slots in the cover over the engine are not opened. They appear as if they could be drilled out and you could look –standing above the model- into the engine room. Watch out, the opening of these vents looks to the back of the car !!!!

The middle part of the front seems to fall down to the front skirt too much.

As already mentioned in a former thread, I have the slot body kit of the same car from Scale Speed, soon available from www.automobilminiaturen.de -> Slot Racing, here are some pics of both bodys (white resin = E.JAN, yellow resin = Scale Speed).

Summary: the E.JAN Maserati is for sure a great kit and with some work it will become an outstanding model.