View Single Post
Old 12-06-2002, 04:40 AM   #109
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by YJHeD
Wow, we have some tough guys in the room. People who like to tell on each other, think they know everything, and people who can't argue. But then again that's very typical of arrogant Europeans.

Crazyjay: I never said that Cadillac invented the system, I just said you won't find it on the beloved Italian exotics you morons pay for. Oh yeah--please cling on to your history because you barely have a present and no forseeable future unless, of course, the US grants you the privilege of becoming its 51st state. Until then, you may keep prancing around in your nightgowns and sipping tea.

Jimmy: I guess if you "aren't" a European then you "aren't" a European. I guess you "aren't" an English professor either. IMHO the exhaust note of a Corvette sounds a hell of a lot better than a Maserati. And the last review I heard of the Maserati was that it was a poorly made piece of crap. Your Alfa has buckloads or torque??? That's pretty funny, please tell me the numbers on how much torque your Alfa has. So you towed a Caravan across town?? Wow, a Dodge Ram can tow 14,000 lbs. dumb ass. Yeah, that probably weighs more than the home you live in. Your explanation of how ABS works was pretty funny too. Did you read that off a magazine ad?

Stefanel: You do see American cars all over the place. Half of your "European" companies are owned by American companies. Why would Chevy ship their cars over to Europe when you're already buying the Saab and Opel? Why would Ford send SUVs and cars over seas when you already love the Land Rover and Aston Martin? Please explain.

Oooooohhh.....sweet I'm in the mood for a bit of 0wnership

I typed that posted in a hell of a hurry, my grammar was probably a little pissy, boo-hoo life goes on.

As for the review of the Maserati- interesting- because I spent a few weeks with a 1999 3200GT Auto back in June and the build was impossible to fault- on a 20,000 Km car there was not a single squeak or rattle and I had a poke around- SIMPLY flawless. I get to drive all these Itallian exotics as I am the General Manager of one of Genoas numerous FIAT dealerships, as well as stocking Alfa Romeo and Lancia.

I can't give a torque figure, because I was never interested in Torqe- I want a light nimble car with a lively chassis and responsive engine, not a stupid-ass straights beater and WHY IN FUCKS NAME would I want to tow 14,000lbs????? absolutley pointless really and I towed that Caravan from my friend in Turins house all the way around North Italy as we did a little "road trip" so I could get to know Italy a bit more.

My description of ABS comes from personal experience fucktard.

The reason for American cars not being sold anywhere outside America is they are 1- Too big and impractical 2- The US has shitty roads so a soft, soggy car is appropriate, but European roads are vastly superior, so we can drive tightly suspended drivers cars over the glass smooth roads with out so much as a jitter. 3- They are badly built and made of cheap-shit materials 4- They use too much fuel which is not a good idea when you consider the fact taht Europeans use FAR more refined fuel than the Yanks. 5- They are butt ugly and failing that boring- Style is everything in Europe. 6- I could go on I really could but I'm starting to feel sorry for you- you have been owned so many time that you would be a good investment on the share market.

As for your comments about England being a 51st State dream on loser- if it weren't for the Brits America would be nothing but a useless wasteland. This is why the world hates America- not a suprise really. Thank god I was bought up in a society heavily influenced by British culture (NZ) otherwise I would pity turning out like you

Something interesting to ponder:

Ford introduced the European built Ka, Mondeo and (soon) Focus to the New Zealand market and they sold alongside veteran Australian Falcon/Fairmont- all of these cars post sky-high sales respective of thier class. They introduce the Explorer, Escape and Mustang- the Ford has barely sold 1 Mustang- the Escape and Explorer are getting pasted by the CRV and RAV4 in the way of sales.

Holden (GM) introduced the Corsa, Astra, Vectra and Zafira to the NZ market (All from Europe) these cars are sell-out successes- the Australian built Commdore is New Zealands best selling car. They introduced the Suburban- it flopped after 5 months on the market.

Also Chrysler Neon was removed due to poor sales, the Voyager gets a good parting from the Oddysey, Previa and Renault Scenic and the Jeep models seem to be the only American cars doing any decent.

Figures came from an Autotrader that Moss sent me a week ago and nemerous NZ Autocar price-lists (Which I can scan all if you like)

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans