View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 AM   #1
701-3000GT
AF Newbie

Boost controller

Day 2 of the new vr4 was good, but i ran into some mysteries with the electronic boost controller
now im not sure if anybody on here has similar controllers or if this makes any sense to anybody but here it goes..
i have the my high boost set to about 13.0 psi just to test the waters and low boost setting set to 9psi
i have my gain on high boost at 80% and limit set to 90% i beleive(when i hit over my set warning boost which is 14.5psi)
start boost is at 6psi i beleive
so anyway, an example is im in second gear and i get on it. it spools hard at about 3500rpms or around there and then spools straight through to 15.5psi which is a little more risky than id like on stock turbos and fuel system, and limits itself back to what its supposed to be at and then back to ~15.5 again and repeats until i let off, this happens in both high and low boost settings (low boost only to be ~9psi)
so i was just wondering if anyone else has and electronic boost controller and what their settings are? or also if anyone knows what i can to about it, if it could be a waste gate is opening to fast or slow (gain settings) or something like that.
Thanks