View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
vlc1968
AF Newbie

Re: maxima stalls after deceleration, stalls at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgk
1992 maxima
- Engine stalls sometimes during deceleration, sometimes when stopped at idle. sometimes will stumble at idle and recover.
- Sometimes will stumble under moderate acceleration, especially up hills.
- When the engine quits, I can immediately restart it, normally, just as if nothing is wrong. The car may run fine for awhile, or quit again.

The dealer could find nothing wrong, but I don't know if he checked the error codes on the ecu - anybody have a similar problem and solve it?
Thanks!
Hi I have been having same problem with 1996 nissian. My Maxima has had spark plugs,3 rear ignitions coils and crank case sensor replace by a service company. When stop or idle it will shut off without notice like if someone turn ignition off. It will start right back up may work good for a while. I was told the crank case sensor was burned and that the coils were arching. Which I now think after 3 attempts by the same company they are giving me the shaft. I then took car to a nissan dealership the checkengine light came on right before taking to them. It had never came on before. Nissian Replace a Sensor-Booster, Mass Air Flow Ctrl, and valve assembly control. They kept it for 3 days driving and testing no engine light came on. After driving from dealership 8 miles check engine light is coming on again and I am out $1000. Also my car idle seems high. Without gas pedal depress my car is going 17mph on a flat surface. In park idle is 1200rpm. What is normal? Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also could the be the TPS sensor causing the problem?
vlc1968 is offline   Reply With Quote