View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 08:42 PM   #1
jmg893
AF Newbie

'01 S/C strange shifting

Hello, I'm new to the forum and 2.5 weeks into owning an '01 S/C Crew Cab, non-4WD. I've noticed something I don't like. It is worse when the truck is cold (undriven) but still happens after warming. When I feather the throttle from a stop, like just creeping along, it shifts fairly normally proceeding quickly enough from 1st to 2nd to... But any more throttle than that and the transmission hangs for 2-4 seconds before taking the next gear. The more the throttle (short of pedal on the floor), the worse the delay before shifting. I'm not referring to the engine running up the rpm range, I'm talking about the engine getting to whatever rpm that the transmission feels it is time to shift, it then holds the engine at that rpm for too long... then shifts. When driving 1st time in the morning (after a lil warmup idle), it shifts like that no matter how light on the throttle. Is there something that can be done about this? Change to synthetic tranny fluid? Tranny reprogramming/rebooting at the dealer? (believe it or not, that can be done on the Mercedes C43). Thanks in advance for any assistance.
jmg893 is offline   Reply With Quote