View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #7
Jeffrv
AF Regular

Re: No start....like 8 years ago

When the crank sensor was diagnosed ( changed at dealer) I did get symptoms similar to you. It would always start, but would give, at random times, either a very short stumble ( ignition was cutting out then back in) or as time progressed, would stall out, even at 100KPH, Would usually restart right away, but not always- after a couple unsuccessful cranks would let it sit for about 5 or 10 minutes and would fire right up.
I had to change the ignition module this winter, it seems to be working OK, but like anything else, quality varies. The first one I got from an online supplier failed after 20 minutes. Check for the ground wires on the stud on the ignition module bracket. I had one break off and it gave minor but noticeable driveability issues until repaired. I have never had the cam sensor changed. If I understand the ignition system correctly, the cam sensor may only be needed during starting to tell the PCM when #1 cylinder is on compression, and schedule ignition and fuel accordingly. Once started, the engine might run without a cam signal
Jeffrv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrv For This Useful Post:
LMP (06-01-2015)