View Single Post
Old 02-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #7
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Talking love-hate

Fun to drive! Handling that beats the F out of anything else I've driven. Seriously. Can you say "engineered by Lotus"? I remember driving down a backroad with my friend. I placed my drink on the center console so i could take a turn. My friend stared in shock as the drink did not tip (25 MPH curve at 60MPH). Can you say "low center of gravity"? Lotus has my respect!

Sufficiently fast for an everyday car. You've gotta remember that the DMC was marketed as a daily driver / last forever / get parts at your local store type of car. 0-60 in 7 seconds is pretty good in my book for a daily driver (made in the early 80's). Today's Subaru WRX runs high 5's, but is ugly, no leather, turbos will wear out, etc...

Easiest car in the world to get into / out of (thanks to the gullwing doors). I can park about a foot from a wall and still open the door all the way. Can't do that with Viper...

Alas, I have a love-hate relationship with 'em. Drunken Irishman quality control mixed with British eletrical components. I own one (used to own two), and love or hate just depends upon the day.