Thread: Civics Kick Ass
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 07:18 PM   #88
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Let me start off by saying Civics do kick ass, just not as much as the Honda owners out thier claim.
I'm sorry for the rude comment but i've just met too many ignorant Honda owners to believe otherwise.

Honda just needs to build an enigine that isn't prone to detonation in stock form under extreme conditions(Boost/Nitrous/Supercharging).

Yea there is, its called a Turbo....a word not used in conjunction with Mustang very often.

Your right domestic V8's kick ass, but not in every category they should.
All those sensible cars like (900WHP Supra's) kick ass in many different categories.

Nissan will be releasing the Skyline lineup in America very soon.
The R34 will either have one of the following powerplants:
Twin Turbo 6 cylinder
Or some form of Nissans V8 powerplant

Either way the car will be felt from East to West. But for the sake of Imoprts vs. Domestics lets just hope it comes with the V8.
Honda engine is reliable under stock form. What you said is using the engine in an environment in which it wasn't built for. You need to understand how car works. Honda engines are built to rev which treats engine weight as enemy. The lighter the engine the higher it revs the more power it produce at high rpms. Whereas Turbo requires a engine block that's build to withstand boost.

You see all the benefits of Turbo on small displacement cars. However do you have any slight idea what Turbo does on LS1 and all those pushrod american displacement? Turbo an small displacement can produce a lot of power but only in a very small powerband which makes it very undriveable. Which is very different from say TT Z06.

Nissan is releasing Skyline but it hasn't said a word about GT-R. Also it is going to be known as Infiniti G35 not Skyline. Nissan is leaning towards using the R39 le man street version engine. They want to keep Fairlady Z and Skyline on different class level. Especially with TT Fairlady Z coming out.