View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #86
nleonard52
AF Newbie

Re: 4T65E Trans Shift Hard, P1811 DTC

Thanks for the quick reply BNaylor
I reread my post I had 5-17-02 I meant 5-17 2011. I went ahead and ordered a shift kit from from Transgo. I also purchased the dexron VI atf fluid at Wal mart 8qts.
I got a can of Sea Foam for transmissions, I put in just a little over half of the can. I'll drive the car until the shift kit arrives should be here by the end of this week. I'll drop the pan, changing the fluid and filter, adding the shift kit.
I found a transmission filter at O'Reilly's problem is it's a china made one for $16.00 will this work good?Or should I look else where for a ac delco TF 304 screen filter? I may have a hard time finding this I live in a small town over 60 miles to Amarillo,Tx. Or I can order the filter on line.
I plan on changing the fluid again in a month as there will still be dexron III and some Sea Foam still in the mix as I understand you can't get it all out by just draining the pan, or will it matter?. Should I also change the filter again if you recommend changing the fluid again?
Thanks again for your time
Norman
Here is the prices for all this
I purchased 2 trany filters at auto zone total price $30.29 these were made in Taiwan.
Super tech atf Dexcon VI 8 qts. total $34.38
Sea Foam $11.90
shift kit $62.73......... I purchased this kit as it has springs in case I find a broken spring other wise I'd purchased a zzp kit.
$139.30 total

Last edited by nleonard52; 05-23-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: miss spelling
nleonard52 is offline   Reply With Quote