View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #41
jmnjnbailey
AF Newbie

Re: TLC's OVERHAULIN' Turns Old Heaps Into Cool Rides, Secretly Turning Real People's

Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Things I cannot change, the Courage to Change the Things I can and the Wisdom to Know the Difference...

There's a saying in a group of Friends, that in order to keep what's been given to you, you've gotta give it to someone else and that's what I'm trying to do...

My husband, Jim Bailey, is a former college student from Century College graduating with dual diplomas in the fields of Prosthetics and Orthotics. In the process of going back and forth to school (5 hours away) visiting me and daughter, Megan, his Mazda truck died. We assumed the loan of a 92 Jimmy from a friend to which I drove up to get him back and forth ready for the junk yard, nickel-diming us to death and falling apart. In the meantime, his heart and soul for a Blue Chevy Pick-Up Truck just sits as it's been one thing after another in the way of getting her fixed up. While he finished school, bumps in the road almost pulled us apart. As I was coming off of being an IV user of Cocaine/Heroin & Meth, he stayed with me & daughter, Megan, through thick and thin, and married me in 2001. I can truly say, "I married MY Best Friend"!!!
Long story short, this man has sacrificed everything from continually working on projects around home (we were finally able to get out of the house-rent-rut through a friend) to helping friends & family, to selling his tools & tool box & motorcycle to keep us afloat, take care of my/our daughter in the 90's while I was in jail (I had her when I was 20, so he's been like her Father since she was 11), and to this day, still drive the 92 falling apart Jimmy without blinking an eye! He's the kind of guy who drops everything to go help ya, give his shirt off his back or give you his last dollar or coin. We've been pluggin' away since!

Today, we are proud Grandparents of two beautiful boys, in our later 40's, Recovering Alcoholics/Addicts...and so much more
My husband has 15 years of Sobriety in and me, almost 12! Choices in Sobriety, Freedom in Recovery!!! WhoooooHooooo!!! We dated as kids, went our separate ways, and were brought back together in `95 in a miracle!!!

Although we've been at the same jobs for years now, and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, through our Recovery, it would mean the world to me to give back to a man who has given so much and see the look on his face when we surprise him with his 1971 Chevy Pick-Up truck Custom Camper Special fixed up Chip FOOSE Style!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That orange/black color scheme looks the bomb (in an episode I saw once) as we are also Motorcycle Enthusiasts teaching people how to ride Motorcycles Safer. Rider Coaching is also what we do come Summer time as Jim is the Site Admin. for our area, so you see? Busy, busy, busy....Sirs & M'ams; I don't care the color...Red/Black even...do what you want! Just, please, please help me surprise the best thing that's ever happened for us and that's having the most wonderful man in our lives surprised to beat the band!!!!!!!
Please help me, help him and show back the love and sacrifice he's done for Megan, me, and our Grandkids!
Please. Please pick me and have us on your OverHaulin' Show giving Jim his fixed up/blow your mind Dream Ride!!!

Thank You from Grand Forks, North Dakota and Thanks for Your Time!

Jan Bailey
janlucantonio@hotmail.com
Hope to see ya!!!!
jmnjnbailey is offline   Reply With Quote